The new Pollet’s Newcastle Martial Arts Centre is located at 44 Park Avenue Adamstown NSW 2289. The timetable of classes can be found here.
Pollet’s is a mixed martial arts centre that was founded by Master Instructor Hanshi Ian Pollet, who himself has over 40 years of martial arts experience. Pollet’s now has 8 full time centres – with the new centres of Castle Hill and Newcastle recently opening – which are open six days a week along with multiple part time centres which are located throughout both NSW and QLD.
The Newcastle Dojo boasts a number of professional facilities which cater for all levels of martial artists from novice to expert. These facilities include but are not limited to Boxing Rings, Training Rings, MMA Cages, Punching Bags, Shields, Grappling Dummies, Cardio Equipment and complete matted training areas for Karate and Jiu-Jitsu are found in our main full time locations. All Pollet’s Martial Arts Centre full time locations are amongst the best equipped Dojo’s in the country.
Pollet’s Martial Arts Centre Newcastle will be offering a range of programs that cater for children from the age of 2 through to adults. Some of the various martial arts disciplines that are offered at the Newcastle dojo include;
- MMA Classes: MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world. MMA is a full-contact combat sport that allows the use of both striking and grappling techniques, both standing and on the ground, from a variety of other combat sports and martial arts.
- Boxing Classes: Boxing is a combat sport in which two people engage in a contest of strength, speed, reflexes, endurance, and will, by throwing punches with gloved hands against each other. Boxing is an excellent sport for teaching mental discipline and improving overall fitness levels.
- Kids Karate and Self Defence Classes: is a combat sport in which two people engage in a contest of strength, speed, reflexes, endurance, and will, by throwing punches with gloved hands against each other. At Pollet’s, we also educate children on how to protect themselves from potential predators through our “stranger danger” program that is taught during the classes.
- Jiu-Jitsu Classes: Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art, combat sport, and a self defence system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting. Jiu-Jitsu classes are a great idea for anyone wishing to become a mixed martial arts fighter – many of the grappling techniques have become increasingly evident in the sport over recent decades. Jiu-Jitsu classes are also a great way to improve an individual’s mental discipline and focus.
- Muay Thai Classes: Muay Thai is a combat sport from the muay martial arts of Thailand that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques. This physical and mental discipline which includes combat on shins is known as “the art of eight limbs” because it is characterized by the combined use of fists, elbows, knees, shins, being associated with a good physical preparation that makes a full-contact fighter very efficient.
If you’re looking at participating in a martial arts class in the Newcastle area, give Pollet’s Martial Arts Centre a call on (02) 4952 2444. Alternatively, make contact via the website or by email at email@example.com with any questions you might have. Our world class instructors and facilities await you.